Sunday, September 24, 2006

Choosing a Company to Repair Your Credit

When choosing any agency to assist with repairing credit I would use caution. Here are some red flags when considering working with a credit repair counseling agency:
1. If a company guarantees they can repair your credit don't use them. They are no guarantees because information can only be removed from your credit report if a company is willing to remove it.

2. Check out the companies' website and check to see how long the company has been in business.


3. Check to see what fees are being charged. I charge my customers a one-time flat fee of less than $200. If you have to pay a registration or initial fee and then a monthly fee of X dollars that defeats the whole purpose of getting out of debt.

4. If you are already working with a credit repair counseling agency or credit repair company ask to see sample letters that will be sent to your creditors. If a company refuses to show you (which most probably will) then you have no idea what was stated in the letter. I give all of my clients companies of the letters I write to repair their credit.


5. Also, don't do business with a company that says they will use rapid credit scoring to repair your credit. This method jams the credit reporting agency system by sending many letters about the same issue. The system gets confused and removes the items mentioned in the letter from the person's credit report, however, the credit reporting agencies do audits of their systems and eventually the item will be put back on your credit report.

2 comments:

Dr. Slobodski said...

many of my clients after they have gone through debt settlement I recommend to use credit repair. You should also check the BBB rating of the company before enrolling.

Luisa said...

I agree please check out credit repair company that I represent.
my link is www.creditfixavailable.com