Wednesday, July 18, 2007

My Book Expo America Experience

I just wanted to share with everyone my experience at Book Expo America. My first day there in New York NY on May 31, 2007 I attended a luncheon where I met Blair Underwood and got an autographed copy of his new book Casanegra. Later that evening I had the privilege of meeting and taking pictures with the supermodel Alek, Randall Cunningham and Walter Mosley. I also met Zane and talked with Lynnette Khalfani, author of Zero Debt and Zero Debt for College Grads. I also received advance copies of several books and releases of new books not yet on the market.

June 1, 2007 was the highlight of my trip. I caught up with my dear friend Heather Covington, NAACP Image Award Finalist for Literary Divas: The Top 100+ Most Admired African American Women in Literature. I had the pleasure of meeting Tony and Yvonne Rose owners of Amber Communications Publishing Company, Troy Johnson, Founder of AALBC, Dante Lee founder of blacknews.com, blackpr.com and blackstudents.com, Bernadette Standis, Thelma on Good Times and author of Situations 101. I also did a book signing and gave lots of good advice on how to repair your credit and get out of debt.

On June 2, 2007, I did a book signing and had the privilege of taking pictures of many legends in the African American publishing industry such as Tony Rose, Habi Madhubuti, Max Rodriguez Founder of QBR, Vickie Stringer owner of Triple Crown Publications, Relentless Aaron, Candice Dow, LL Cool J, Joel Freeman of the Freeman Institute, Zane and many more. In addition I met hundreds of other wonderful authors, journalists and publishers. I also had the privilege of doing a book signing and was able to give away all the books and promotional materials I brought with me. It was truly and great experience.

If you are an author I encourage you to attend Book Expo America. It is a great experience and one of the best networking events I have ever attended. I can't wait for next year. Hope to see you there!

http://www.bookexpoamerica.com

No comments: