1. Snacks. Buy snacks and a few drinks and pack them in your suitcase before you leave. This will tide you over when you get hungry while on vacation until you are able to eat a full meal. This will also help you save you money that would be spent on midnight snacks.
2. Think Ahead. Plan at least six months to one year in advance for vacations. This will prevent you from going into debt just to have fun.
3. Shop around. Shop around to find the best deal. Visit websites like Kayak, Hottickets, AAA, Costco or Hotels.com to find comparison shop for airfare and hotels or vacation packages.
4. Safety. Buy traveler's checks instead of carrying credit or cash because they can quickly be replaced if lost. Take only one credit card only for emergencies.
5. Enjoy yourself. The most important thing to do while on vacation is - have fun, but don't overextend yourself by splurging on unnecessary items. Create a small list of items you want to purchase and stick to it. The worst feeling is to return from vacation and get bills in the mail from items charged while on vacation.