Wednesday, April 23, 2008

I Can't Pay My Taxes - What Should I Do?

The deadline for filing your taxes has passed but there is still hope for those who didn't file their taxes on April 15, 2008. Here are some options:

1. Request an extension and request the maximum extension time of 6 months
2. Setup an installment agreement

If you owe taxes this year and don't have the money to pay the taxes owed to either federal or state here are some options:

1. Pay by credit card
2. Apply for a bank loan to cover the entire amount of taxes owed
3. Using savings accounts, savings bonds, stocks, etc.
4. Take out a loan from your life insurance policy
5. Take out a home equity loan
6. Borrow money from family or friends
7. Consider getting a part-time job or work overtime at your existing job to earn money to pay back your income taxes
8. Request an Offer in Compromise based on economic hardship

No comments: