Saturday, August 26, 2006

Should You Use Your Tax ID To Purchase Property?

I was listening to the radio on Saturday while running some errands. I heard a commercial (I will withhold the name of the company to prevent embarrassment) that encouraged people to buy homes using their tax id if they had bad credit. I mentioned this in a previous blog, don't play with the IRS point blank. If you have bad credit the first thing you need to do is get good credit. Next if you happen to own a business and are interesting in buying property through your business call the IRS and ask them if this legal and what is the process for doing so don't take a company's word for it, find out for yourself. Being in this business I have learned that you should always verify information that is told to you, even the information that I provide in my blogs. I have verified this information myself before passing it on to you. If someone gives you information talk to two or three other credible sources to make sure you are not being taken advantage of or being scammed. Many times companies prey on people with bad credit because they know they are so desperate to get out of debt they agree to anything hoping that it will make their credit better, it does not. It actually makes your credit worse. The only way to make your credit better is to: reduce your expenses, try to get a higher paying job or a part-time job, begin paying off your debts and check your credit report for any incorrect information. This is the only way to improve your credit, it doesn't improve overnight, it takes times but it will get better. Just make sure the company you do business with will help you improve your credit, not make it worse. Good luck!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, that sounds like a book everyone should buy. I just ordered my copy from amazon.com.