Saturday, September 09, 2006

Is Buying a House Worth the Headache?

I was talking to a woman the other day and she said "buying a house is not worth the headache, I am ready to just forget it and continue to rent". To this I say, DON'T DO IT! Buying a house is the best investment you can make other than buying real estate. Unfortunately only the strong survive the hassles that come along with buying a house. During my period of buying a house, providing all the necessary paperwork, filing out forms, I got stressed and many times decided to just forget it but I know that once it was all over I could proudly say I am a homeowner. I was working with my loan officer and had provided all the necessary paperwork. I then received a call from his secretary saying she lost all of my paperwork. To me this sounded a little suspicious. I could understand if some paperwork got lost, but all of it! Luckily for me I had made two copies of all of my paperwork and carried it with me. The secretary said that if I didn't fax the paperwork that day then I wouldn't be able to get the loan. I surprised her and faxed all of the paperwork immediately after I hung up the phone. She even called me to say I am surprised you sent the paperwork so quickly; most people don't have it and have to get back to me. You must really want this house. I said yes I do. My advice to you, don't give up. Anything worth having is worth working hard for, especially buying a house. Send me an email to tell me your personal horror story about getting out of debt or buying a home at hfreeman@hefreemanenterprises.com.

No comments: