Friday, March 16, 2012

Warning: Paying Bills Online

Warning: If you pay your bills online with a debit or credit card the company can automatically setup the payment as a recurring payment even if you never setup it up yourself or you only made a one-time payment.

Before you do business with a company verify their processes and procedures for using a debit or credit card. This also occurs when paying a bill directly from your checking account, i.e. providing your checking account number. This recently happened to me. I closed my online accounts with those companies.

1 comment:

Jeffrey Tambor said...

A very informative post, this is exactly why I do not use online bill payments, because more often then not the set it up as recurring and charge automatically... I do not like being charged without my knowledge. To counter this I use the services of a company that pay bills automatically for my after checking it duly.